Stormshield steps up its development in support of organisations operating critical and operational infrastructure
20 01 2020
Software vendor Stormshield is leveraging its solid, market-beating growth to become the European cybersecurity reference for critical infrastructure, sensitive data and operational environments. This announcement is the culmination of substantive work over the past two years in preparation for this development.
Stormshield's new development axes stem from a comprehensive strategy driven by a rapidly-changing market, both in terms of technology uses and new economic/geopolitical issues, amid a context of digital sovereignty. In such conditions, the protection of OT and critical IT environments is a priority to ensure economic, social and environmental stability. Stormshield has therefore chosen to increase its investment in support of companies and organisations operating in these environments.
Stormshield CEO Pierre-Yves Hentzen believes "many companies, public bodies, CNIs and OESs are becoming aware of the importance of maintaining control over their sensitive data and critical infrastructure. In addition, IT and OT environments are converging and becoming hyper-connected, presenting larger attack surfaces. Faced with these threats and the dramatic consequences they represent for the security of assets and people, the companies in question – regardless of size – will have to adopt security policies that are suited to their twin IT and OT environments. Our ambition is to support them in this challenge."
To complete this project successfully, Stormshield is building on a firm foundation:
- Significant experience in OT technologies, giving it a head-start in addressing industrial cybersecurity needs.
- A product portfolio providing global coverage of all protection-related requirements in IT/OT environments.
- "Made in Europe" solutions of excellence, certified and qualified by France's ANSSI organisation and approved by the European Union and NATO, following the guidelines of the forthcoming European certification scheme.
- A new segmentation of its offer, based on the concept of criticality of activity.
- Local support, ensuring personalised advice, responsive service and the ability to adapt to meet customer needs precisely.
- Passionate teams driven by the desire to participate in the creation of a trusted digital space.
- Partners selected for their expertise, working closely alongside Stormshield to satisfy new requirements for critical and operational environments.
- And lastly, strong, profitable growth throughout Europe, providing additional investment capacity.
Deciding to choose Stormshield is a choice in support of what we reflect, not only in terms of our European, human and technical values, but also our legitimacy and trust. Over and above our new strategic targets, we are here to serve all companies who share our values and demanding standards.Matthieu Bonenfant, Stormshield Chief Marketing Officer
As Matthieu Bonenfant, Stormshield Chief Marketing Officer, explains: "Our new roadmap will enable us to provide cyber-serenity for our clients so they can concentrate on their core activities with total peace of mind, something which is vital to the smooth operation of institutions, the economy and the essential services they provide" This project will bring our teams together, driving us forward over the coming years and structuring the work we do. Customer proximity, cutting-edge technologies and teams committed to achieving our new positioning, these are the key pillars that will enable us to make our ambitions a reality. Deciding to choose Stormshield is a choice in support of what we reflect, not only in terms of our European, human and technical values, but also our legitimacy and trust. Over and above our new strategic targets, we are here to serve all companies who share our values and demanding standards."
After two years – 2018 and 2019 – marked by a strong acceleration in its business, with a 57% growth in sales on the period, Stormshield starts 2020 with new ambitions and a desire to increase its recognition as the European choice in cybersecurity.